Meet our Kathy tote, she does more good than you think!
For each tote bag sold, 10% of the proceeds is donated to Shelterhouse.
Shelterhouse is a nonprofit organization committed to providing safety, shelter, advocacy and counseling to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in Midland and Gladwin counties in Michigan.
- Named after its Maker, our Kathy tote is perfect for carrying all essentials
- Made from stretch denim this tote can hold more than you think
- Our signature logo is matte finish metallic gold
- No need for a plastic bag when you have this light weight tote made from surplus fabric
- Designed in NYC, handmade in MI by Kathy herself (read Kathy's bio below)
- 9" handle drop
- 13 1/2" H x 14" W
Due to the indigo dyes used please wash tote inside out using cold water and hang dry before using. It is recommended that discretion be used when worn with light colored items as residual indigo could rub off.
Maker, Kathy's bio:
"I have always loved to sew! It's a great way for me to relax. I used to make my own clothes and all my daughter's dresses when she was little and now it's mostly making crafty stuff or blankets for my new grandson! As a survivor of domestic violence and also a flood survivor recently in Sanford, MI I continue to find sewing as a way to relax. It brings me joy to see finished projects! I hope you enjoy these tote bags! In a crazy world...choose joy! It works!"
When we teamed up with Kathy and learned of her story we asked her which organization would she like to donate the proceeds to and she immediately said Shelterhouse because that is who helped and supported her as a victim of domestic violence during her time of need.